The Manchester Soap Company is a small family owned business and a proud member of The Guild of Craft Soap & Toiletry Makers. We produce high quality 100% natural hand-crafted cold process soaps, bath and body/skincare products that we hope you'll fall in love with and use again and again.
Our skin is the largest organ on our bodies, yet we often disregard it and use cheap, chemical laden products that leave it feeling dry and irritated. In fact, so many of us seem to have sensitive skin these days..and that's often because of the products we use. Changing what we put on our skin is the first step to taking care It - and by switching to hand-crafted soaps made from sustainable natural ingredients, we can gently cleanse and moisturise without inflicting any harm.
Alongside our soap making, we are also passionate about looking after our beautiful planet too. We take a great deal of pride in creating a plastic free corner of the world with sustainable, zero-waste products delivered in simple, natural and plastic-free packaging. Our current range includes:
- Hand-crafted double butter botanical soaps
- Botanical Bath Salts & Bath Truffles/Melts
- Whipped Body Butter
- Essential Oil Hand & Body Creams
- Rescue Balms for Hands & Feet
- Nutrient Rich Facial Cleansing Balm
- Botanical Clay Face Masks
- A variety of luxury gift sets containing our products.
- Eco-friendly accessories including reusable cotton & bamboo facecloths, reusable shower sponges, scented lavender sachets, bamboo soap drainers, olive wood soap dishes & sisal soap saver bags.
Our recipes are packed with a gorgeous blend of vegan butters and oils including:
- Essential oils - our products are scented with a wide variety of pure essential oils, mainly for their beautiful scents but also for their therapeutic properties too. From Lavender with it's calming & relaxing properties to Orange for lifting the mood, our blends are designed to be a subtle treat to the senses. We use the maximum amount of essential oils allowed in our products under UK/EU regulations, so some of our blends will appear more subtle than others. But rest assured that even the most subtle smelling bar contains the same amount of essential oils as the stronger scented bars.
- Cocoa butter - this is a solid, off-white butter that is extracted from the beans of the Theobroma Cacao plant. When used in soap making, it produces a lovely hard bar with a stable lather that's very conditioning on the skin, making it perfect for sensitive skin. Cocoa butter also helps to create a barrier between your skin and our sometimes harsh environment, keeping the moisture in your skin where it belongs.
- Shea butter - this is an incredible skin nourishing ingredient, very rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids. We use the creamy white refined version, meaning it's original 'nutty' scent is removed from the recipe. When used in skincare products, it forms a breathable barrier on your skin that helps to protect it from harsh elements like the sun and wind. Shea butter is the perfect ingredient for soothing skin irritations, healing minor cuts and burns and of course skin moisturising.
- Coconut oil - you'll find this amazing ingredient in most handmade soaps...and for a very good reason! Not only does it produce a rock hard soap bar with a fantastic lather, it's wonderfully moisturising and adds a barrier to the skin, protecting it from the elements. The cleansing ability of coconut oil is amazing too and it's one of the few oils that produces a soap that will lather in salt water.
- Olive oil - high in Oleic acid, this oil will absorb into the skin and form a protective barrier against the elements. It also acts as a humectant, drawing moisture to the skin and is said to help aid skin cell regeneration. The lather produced by olive oil also acts as a perfect conditioning agent on the skin.
- Avocado oil - this oil is known for its superior regenerative and moisturising properties. It's rich in vitamins A, B, D and E as well as lecithin, potassium, protein, beta carotene and amino acids and is particularly beneficial for dry, flaky, itchy skin. In our soaps, it contributes to a wonderfully stable conditioning lather that feels luxurious on your skin.
- Castor oil - this is a light gold oil that is pressed from the bean of the Ricinus Communis, a tropical perennial shrub. It acts as a humectant by drawing moisture from the air and is easily absorbed by the skin, making it a great skin softener and conditioner. It contributes to the lovely creamy bubbles in our soap bars and ensures that our soaps always lather beautifully.
This unique formula gives our soaps their luxuriously rich creamy lather and leaves your skin feeling clean, nourished and moisturised. Only pure, natural ingredients (essential oils, natural clays and botanical ingredients) will be found in our soaps - no chemical nasties!!
Your Safety Assured:
When you purchase from us, you can be 100% confident that you are purchasing a safe, quality product. We hold Cosmetic Product Safety Reports (CPSRs) for all our recipes & products which means every cosmetic product we formulate has been rigorously assessed by a Chartered Chemist to ensure that our recipes are safe and gentle.
The Manchester Soap Company Ltd is registered as a Company in England and Wales. Registered Address 569 Edenfield Road, Norden, Rochdale, Greater Manchester, OL11 5XH. Company Registration Number 12892948.